GRE Test Requirements
Applicants for summer 2012, fall 2012, spring 2013 or summer 2013 acceptance into graduate programs that require the GRE should take the GRE General Test beginning August 1, 2011. Applicants who are applying for acceptance into graduate programs in business administration, accountancy, management, information systems, and taxation are required to take the GMAT. Please consult the Bulletin of the Graduate School, available on line, or as a CD (available in Office of the Graduate School, Allen Hall, room 116) for information about requirements for degrees and specific concentrations.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE AND LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR UNCLASSIFIED ADMISSION
IMMUNIZATION RECORDS ARE NOT REQUIRED UNLESS YOU ENROLL IN A MAIN CAMPUS COURSE
1. Am I required to pay an application fee for multiple applications submitted for the same term?
Yes, a $60 non-refundable application fee is required for each application submitted for processing.
2. Am I required to send transcripts from every college ever attended?
We require an official transcript showing the bachelor's degree and any work after bachelor's degree. If transfer work is needed, we will send you an email requesting it.
3. Are entrance exams a requirement for graduate admission at Mississippi State University?
Most graduate degree programs do require an entrance exam as an admissions requirement. Please contact the graduate coordinator of the program you want to pursue for information regarding exams, scores, etc.
4. Can I switch from unclassified to a degree program?
Students admitted in unclassified status must remain unclassified for a period of one semester before being admitted to a degree program.
5. Am I eligible for financial aid as a distance learning student?
Yes, please contact the Student Financial Aid Office for information regarding financial aid requirements.
6. Am I eligible for financial aid as an unclassified graduate student?
Certain types of financial aid may not be available when in the unclassified status. The Office of the Graduate School encourages one to contact the Student Financial Aid Office for additional information regarding financial aid eligibility, prior to applying.
7. How many unclassified hours will transfer to a degree program?
Nine graduate hours of work received as an unclassified student may be transferred to a degree program with the approval of the department. Hours completed in this status may not be used to satisfy provisional admission requirements.
8. How do I register for classes as a distance learning student?
You may view registration instructions at the following link, Distance Education-Instructions for Online Registration.
9. I am having trouble accessing myCourses. What do I need to do? For all other inquiries regarding distance education offerings, please visit www.distance.msstate.edu.
If you have any problems accessing myCourses, please contact Tracy Craven at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other inquiries regarding distance education offerings, please visit www.distance.msstate.edu.