Thank you for your interest in graduate education at Mississippi State University! Known as "The People's University," our institution provides the academic, professional, leadership, and social opportunities to support a thriving, dynamic, and diverse student body. Follow the steps below to ensure a prompt and efficient admission process.
The Graduate School at Mississippi State University invites prospective applicants to explore our academic programs to identify the field that best suits your academic and professional goals.
Below we have compiled some helpful steps to consider as you prepare and complete your application.
- Review tips for a successful application.
- Review both University and departmental deadlines.
- Gather the full names and email addresses of three individuals to compose letters of recommendation.
- Prepare your statement of purpose.
- Review, edit, and finalize your resume/curriculum vitae and select a writing sample (if required).
- Request your transcripts.
- Arrange to have your test scores sent to The Graduate School (Examples: GRE, GMAT, TOEFL or IELTS).
Mississippi State University offers the graduate education and professional development you are seeking and we encourage you to apply. Applications are not accepted after the posted deadlines and all application fees are non-refundable and subject to change without notice.
View Application Status
View your application checklist and the status of your supporting documents.