Payment, Deferral, and Refunds

Payment of Fees by Students Receiving Financial Aid or Scholarships

A student who receives a scholarship or need-based financial aid from the University is expected to use the financial aid or scholarship award to complete payment of tuition and required fees. The remaining balance of scholarship and financial aid funds is available to be used for other educational expenses only after tuition and fees have been paid. A "Memo" balance of Financial Aid on a student's statement may not prevent service fees after the first billing for the term. Only timely filing of a student's Financial Aid will assure a timely disbursement to prevent service fees.

Student Obligation

The account of a student who does not pay the fees by the end of the term may be turned over to an outside collection agency for assistance in collecting. The prevailing collection cost rate will be added to the amount owed by the student to cover the collection agency cost. If an attorney's services are needed to collect an unpaid balance, the student will be responsible for payment of the attorney's fees, plus all court and other collection cost incurred.

Payment Terms and Conditions

The account balance is due and payable 25 days from billing. Due dates are the 9th of each month. A service charge will be assessed at the rate of 1.5% on outstanding charges unpaid more than 25 days from billing date. While it is acceptable to make partial payments, a student is encouraged to make payment in full by due date to avoid this monthly service fee assessment and past due holds. Prior term charges must be paid in full before a student will be eligible to register for a new term. A student is responsible for payment of all tuition and fee charges unless the student either CANCELS HIS/HER SCHEDULE OR WITHDRAWS FROM SCHOOL. See section on withdrawals and refunds for details. Failure to take appropriate withdrawal action can result in significant payment obligations. The maximum penalty allowed by law will be charged for any check returned by the student's bank for any reason. IT IS THE STUDENT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE HIS OR HER ADDRESS IS CORRECT FOR ANY NEEDED CORRESPONDENCE. For other information concerning a student's account or payment requirements, please call Account Services at 662-325-2071.