On track for graduation?
Welcome to graduate education at Mississippi State University! We hope to assist you in meeting your academic goals through successful degree completion. Review the below to ensure that you’re staying on track for graduation!
- Each term, check the Graduate Academic Calendar for important dates including:
- Comprehensive exam deadlines
- Defense deadlines
- Graduation application deadlines
- Thesis/Dissertation Library Deadlines
- Determine your graduate committee and complete your Committee Form via eforms and submit to your major professor
- At least two weeks prior to your scheduled comprehensive exam and/or defense, complete the Declaration of Exam/Defense form via eforms and submit to your major professor
- With your advisor, graduate committee, and graduate coordinator, finalize your program of study, via your CAPP Compliance tab in your MyState account
- Apply to graduate. Click the “Apply for a Degree” tab in your MyState account. (Again, See academic calendar for application deadlines, fees, and late fees for the term.)
- Graduate on time! Awarded degrees will appear on your transcript in Mystate approximately one week after grades are posted, and diplomas are mailed approximately one month after graduation.
If you have any questions about your Thesis/Dissertation Review click here! All students can walk at graduation