Why Mississippi State University?
Mississippi State University offers students a TRUE American College experience. MSU is located in Starkville, Mississippi, a small town in the American South, and has over 21,622 students from all 50 U.S. states and over 75 countries. The weather here is usually warm, and the cost of living is very affordable. While moving to a new country can be challenging, the hospitable people of this region are welcoming and help make the transition into college life easier.
With eight undergraduate colleges and over 175 degree programs, MSU is preparing its students for bright and productive futures. Each of these programs emphasizes research and presents students with opportunities to expand their education and equip themselves with valuable job skills.
"Let me assure each of you that Mississippi State University’s mission and our core values are unchanged. MSU is committed to creating and maintaining a campus community that reflects the rich diversity of this nation- an environment in which differences are welcomed, embraced, and valued. Progress toward a campus that fully welcomes and reflects difference and embraces the concept of inclusion is contingent on each individual’s commitment. All of us must work together to the end – and I remain committed to the goal."
– Dr. Mark E. Keenum, President, Mississippi State University
Top 10 Reasons to Choose MSU
- 19:1 student to faculty ratio
- 12th-safest college in the United States
- Pleasant climate
- 90% of students are either employed or accepted to graduate School after Graduation.
- MSU was rated as a top 50 institution for the humanities.
- Top 20 of Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 Best Buy Colleges in America
- 58th among all U.S. public universities in research and development
- One of only 28 accredited Colleges of Veterinary Medicine in the United States
- The State’s Flagship School of Architecture was recognized and Ranked # 25 in the 2016 Design Intelligence Architecture Programs in North America.
- MSU holds 16 career fairs per year and 14 career counselors are ready to help.
International Institute Guidelines/Questions
MSU's International Institute issued the following statement regarding international guidelines for Fall 2020. Contact the International Services Office if you have any additional questions.
International Services Office
To schedule a campus visit:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 662.325.5198 to schedule a visit.
- Explore more at the MSU Welcome Center.