The Graduate Student Association (GSA) provides programs and services to enrich the graduate student experience and promotes, supports, and represents graduate student interests and values. The GSA sponsors two main events annually to enhance student experience and showcase student achievements, the Graduate Student Research Symposium and the Graduate Student Awards Banquet. The GSA also meets monthly to provide a forum for graduate students to network with peers, learn of valuable campus support services, and express concerns on both academic and non-academic issues. For more information email GSA@grad.msstate.edu.
Announcements & News
2023-2024 GSA Officers
President – Luke Tucker
Vice President – Michael Carroll
Vice President of Meridian Affairs – LaMareshia Johnson
Secretary – Trinity Baynham
Treasurer – Kya Davis
Technology and Marketing Coordinator – Casey Iwamoto
Service and Outreach Coordinator – Elizabeth Esser
In addition to the GSA Officers, one representative from each department and program, known as Departmental Representatives, form the Graduate Student Council (GSC). The GSA requests up to three nominations from Graduate Coordinators of each program by August 31, and selects the representative for the upcoming academic year. For more information, please email the GSA at GSA@grad.msstate.edu.
2023-2024 Graduate Student Association meetings will be held the 3rd Thursday of the month from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
For current meeting information, events and the GSA Officers, please visit the Graduate Student Association Cowbell Connect page or follow the GSA on social media (Twitter and Instagram - @msstate_gsa)
2023-2024 Monthly GSA Meeting Dates
Thursday, August 17, 2023
Thursday, September 21, 2023
Thursday, October 19, 2023
Thursday, November 16, 2023
Thursday, January 18, 2024
Thursday, February 15, 2024
Thursday, March 21, 2024
Thursday, April 18, 2024
Events and Programs
Graduate Student Association Department Representative
- Representatives from each Academic Department will be selected at the beginning of the Fall Semester to form the Graduate Student Council. More information will be sent to students each August.
- 2023-2024 GSA Department Representative Application
- Welcome Week - September 17 to 23, 2023
- Appreciation Week – April 13 to 19, 2024
- GSA Awards Types (both found on Cowbell Connect):
- Nominations for 2023 Graduate Advisor and Mentor of the Year - Nominations are due by March 10.
- 2023 GSA Graduate Student Excellence Award - Applications due by March 10.
- You must be signed in to see both forms